As the year comes to a close, I find myself reflecting on Cardtronics and its accomplishments in 2018. This past year has been one of tremendous change and progress for Cardtronics, change that has positioned our North American team for future growth and success. I am proud and humbled by the way each member of Cardtronics has worked together as One Team to enable our success and to bring life to our purpose of being Champions of Cash… because it matters.
Looking back on 2018, I am proud of how we stretched ourselves to design, develop and deploy new products and service offerings, learn a new cultural language, build an even stronger and higher performing team, and more. The business and cultural progress has been nothing short of amazing, by any measure.
A brief moment of contemplation shows just how far we have journeyed. This year…..
- We established a powerful new global Purpose with supporting Vision, seeking to be "the most trusted platform enabling the majority of cash transactions in the communities we service"
- We began to communicate, understand and truly live our newly identified values of One Team, Trust, Excellence, Innovation and Ambitious
- We committed to building and implementing an Ambitious growth strategy, realizing organic growth through exciting new product offerings, while enhancing our current solutions and our operational prowess and efficiency
- We returned certain regions to profitable growth by Q4, after a difficult and disruptive start to the year, through courageous leadership and teamwork
- We realized our best-ever network availability, enabled by collaborative improvements in ATM availability, that delighted cardholders and our customers
- We embarked on a program that led to a meaninful improvement in transactions, engaging consumers across our issuer and retailer base to realize the unique value and power of our ATM network
- We collectively recommitted to service excellence and drove critical improvements in the way we communicate, service and collaborate with our customers
- We optimized our physical workspace and brought disparate operations and business units together through two new, modern and collaborative offices in our North American Headquarters and Operations Units in Houston and Frisco, Texas
As you, our clients and industry colleagues, close 2018 and look to the New Year, please know that what Cardtronics has accomplished could not have happened without you. You took the time to tell us how we can work with you more effectively, provided your technical and operational expertise, and stood firmly with us when facing external pressures. Thank you for your partnership. The year ahead will bring yet more challenge - challenge to innovate in an increasingly difficult world of digital and physical payment disruption - and Cardtronics will be by your side.
EVP and Managing Director
North America Business Group